INSTRUCTIONS ON CREATING VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS
When teaching a hybrid course, you as the professor, have the ability to create virtual office hours through Zoom. These office hours can occur on days and times which you would normally have office hours, physically, and run for the entire semester. This zoom session will be different than normal class sessions because when students join the meeting, they will automatically be placed in a “waiting room” and you will have the ability to pick specific students to join and speak with you, individually, or as a whole.
To Create Virtual Office Hours:
- LOG INTO ZOOM
- To begin, log into https://bentley.zoom.us/ with your Bentley Credentials.
- SCHEDULE A NEW MEETNG
- Once logged in, this should be your home page where you will schedule a meeting
- After clicking “SCHEDULE A MEETING” you should have a pop-up that looks as follows:
- To begin, name the topic “Virtual Office Hours” and add a description if needed. Under “When” you should select the date of your first office hours’ session and set the time and duration as desired. Leave the time zone as GMT-4:00 and select “Recurring Meeting”
After saving the meeting, you should be back on the main “Meetings” screen that will show you the details of the meeting which you’ve just created. From this screen you will click “Copy the Invitation” if you wish to send an email with the zoom link for students to join. If you don’t wish to notify them through email, you can copy the URL and upload it to blackboard for students to access whenever needed.
- Once you’ve created the meeting though Zoom, you will go to blackboard.bentley.edu to add a weblink to the Virtual Office Hours for students to access
- IN THE MEETING